Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oh Boy!

After what seemed like an eternity of waiting, October 22, 2010 brought us the news that we are expecting a son. I have been saying boy for several weeks now mainly due to the fact everyone we know is having a girl. Dave has said girl from day 1. He has never been so excited to be wrong in his life. And so, Jackson David, will be coming into our lives sometime mid-March 2011. He’s measuring right on target and his anatomy scan showed everything was developing as it should be. I feel very blessed that our tiny miracle is thriving.

Now to the fun stuff. After agreeing we wouldn’t start buying stuff now that we know the gender, we made it all of one day on the embargo. The Target clearance rack was calling our names.

As far as the nursery, I have some fabric picked out but don’t want to share it just yet. I am not a traditional person so I wanted Jack to have something different and that would last longer than the newborn stage. The crib bumper will be made by a lady that lives a couple of hours away but Kelly and I are tackling the crib skirt. Okay, so mainly Kelly is tackling the crib skirt but I will be her eager assistant. I wish I could sew. I can but if you want straight lines, you need to see someone else. I would love to take a class before the baby comes but I don’t see that fitting into my schedule right now. As soon as I’m sure the fabrics I’ve picked will work, I will share with all. And, of course, let you tag along on the sewing journey as we bring Jack’s room to life. But for now, I’m going to prop my feet up and give my son a much needed rest.


Toastingly Yours,

1 comment:

  1. Love the little outfits and am so excited Cooper will have Jack as a playmate. Dinner soon?

    ReplyDelete