Tuesday, August 3, 2010

It's So Hot, You Can.....

That's right people! You can fry an egg on the sidewalk. I generally enjoy living in the South most months of the year but July and August are miserable. Today is a chilly 102 degrees with a heat index of 114 degrees. It's nasty out there. It makes me wonder how our ancestors ever survived this tortuous weather. And they had to grow their own food at the same time. No refrigerators or fans or any air conditioners. So how have we evolved into a society of whiny babies who can't make it without the chill of the A/C? I ask this because I am one of the whiny babies. I think I shot out of my mom sweating because I am as hot natured as they come. I'm only 32 but I've been having hot flashes since I was 20. Absolutely pathetic. So while this post may not be long or thought provoking, it does come with a reminder. Make sure and take care of your pets in this weather and definitely check on any elderly neighbors who might be hesitant to ask for help if they need it during this hot time. Until next time with a hopefully much more exciting post.

Toastingly Yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment